Thursday, August 29, 2013

Marble Topped Table

Since I'm all in "let's organize/purge/finish projects" mode here this week I have done very little in terms of painting custom pieces or pieces from my furniture stash to sell.
 
Like, literally, this table is the only thing I have completed.
 
 

Randomly, my husband and I both picked up marble tables recently. This one was mine and I thought it had such a cute shape and I loved the light, creamy colored marble.
 
 
 
I've done a couple of dressers in the past with similar marble hardware and I always gravitate towards mid-level cream colored paints and this table was no exception.
 
 
 
This was a quick project, with just a little prep, a few coats of paint and some distressing.
 
 
 
Love how it came out! Can't you just picture it next to a sofa or chair to set down your drink, or as a gorgeous plant stand, or in a little nook in a bathroom...really endless possibilities.
 


 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
Linking to: 
DIY Show Off Mod Vintage Lifehttp://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2013/02/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no151.htmlhttp://www.cozylittlehouse.com/ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life vif187http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ ”Fall  http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/
Furniture Feature Fridays


 

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Angela - love the marble top!
    Love how quick and easy it was to make this look so pretty!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, It's so sweet! The marble top makes it a perfect spot for a plant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the greatest little table! Love the marble top. Ooh, and the owls, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty one, Angela. I really love the leg with it's gorgeous form.

    Happy Monday.
    /C girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this little table and painting it is perfect. What a great redo. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.