Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Design Idea: Incorporating Pastels

Dare I say I am having a little love affair with pastel colors lately? Maybe because it has been miserably cold and dreary and the hint of soft happy colors make me think of spring.
 
And before I continue on, let's just make it clear that I am, in no way, referring to the dusty rose and light blue prevalent in the 1980s. Just saying. Because my Mom was horrified when I confessed my recent obsession.

I'm thinking more of this...


Source


pastel and colour pop
Source


Karlanda 3-seat sofa cover in Tegnér Melange Mineral Blue
Source


 pastel-dining-chairs-photo-petra-bindel
Source
 
 
 
 
 
I haven't added in tons of pastels into my home just yet, actually not much at all. Just a couple of plants with pink flowers and maybe, eventually a pillow. What about you? Are you gravitating towards lighter accent colors, too?
 



3 comments:

  1. How fun, pastels can be really fun and these are some great idea. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I just tried to leave a comment but I don't think it worked. To recap it was a love letter to the smeg. Love them so much and I wish I had one. The fridge fairy hasn't come through for me yet though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.