Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fun Valentine's Table with Treat.

Hey there loves! I have a fantastic idea for a little Valentine's Day Party that your entire family will enjoy!  I planned this one a little bit ago so that you would all have time to prep if you decide to have one, too.
  

A little backstory. Things have been a little rough around here lately. My husband is working super long hours, my boys are stressed and going through some stuff (which is common with kids that have autism) and it has been really too cold to go a lot of places.
 
 
 
As you may know, my boys are also homeschooled so, one day while they were working, I created this little treat for them. It was a nice break from the monotony of every day.
 
 
 
This was so easy!  I started by covering my dining table with  brown craft paper (you know like they kind you would use on parcels).  I traced two plates with colored pencil to create placemats and then let my boys go to town decorating. I couldn't stop laughing when I came back into the room. There was everything from Sister Bear from the Berenstain Bears to Creepers from Mindcraft to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit from Disney.  Here's my oldest hard at work and my youngest asked if we could save the paper and use it again on Valentine's Day. Success!



And, since this is for Valentine's day, we of course, needed sweets.  I combined their favorite cake (similar) with their favorite frosting. Honestly so, so good and even more wonderful with fresh, in-season berries!
 
 

 
 
 
To decorate the table, I simply gathered items from around my home that gave a warm, rustic feel without being overly girly.
 


 

 
 
 
And did you see those fab cards in some of my earlier pictures? I was able to find something for each member of my family that really spoke to their personalities at Treat. I love that they are affordable and can be personalized. And, they have an enormous Valentine selection!
 




 
Here's a final look at how it all came together...
 


 

 Are you going to do something special for your family this Valentine's Day?
 




*I was compensated for this post, however all content, thoughts and opinions are my own.



If you liked this post you may also like...


Simple Salt Dough Hearts

The Perfect Red Vintage Dresser
Patina Green Antique Dresser


Linking to...

13 comments:

  1. This is so special and lovely, Angela! I love the craft paper on the table, and all of the little drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! What strikes me most is what talented artists your sons are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely and fun too, this pretty craft table is. I love your photography, it looks magazine worth!
    Have a happy Sunday.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Angela...I love this idea!! My youngest would love this too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute Angela - I bet they loved it! Thinking about you and your boys, I hope things turn around soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter would love this and I do too. And yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely thing to do for your children, I can sure tell they had a great time............I think all of life should be celebrated
    as much as possible. It leaves your children with great memories and it doesn't have to cost you much or anything for that matter........but time...........
    Blessings and thanks for sharing this great idea.
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely. I am visiting you via Wow Us Wednesdays and look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creative idea! What a great mom you are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute idea! Glad I came across your blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Angela! Thanx for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think all of life should be celebrated planet fitness regular prices

    as much as possible. It leaves your children with great memories and it doesn't have to cost you much or anything for that matter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.