Wednesday, March 26, 2014

10+ Inspiring & Eclectic Bedrooms

So, I've made it my mission this year to try and focus on those spaces in my home that I have never been satisfied with.
 

One of them is the master bedroom.  It always seems like, no matter what changes I make to that room, it just leaves me feeling, meh.  I think part of the problem is that I try, too often and too much, to work with pieces and decor that I am not in love with.  There never seems to be the perfect mix of modern and antique that I love. And there is never a dramatic focal point. I want that feeling that when I walk in this space that I am happy and accomplished and that it flows with the other rooms in our home.
 
Do you ever struggle with certain spaces?
 
To try to get over this decorating hump I collected pictures of favorite bedrooms.  I like to do this frequently so that I can find a common thread between all the spaces I love.
 


 

 





 

 
I need to channel this inspiration...mixing old with new, lots of neutrals, maybe a bit of color, painted furniture with some natural wood, eclectic art and accessories, layered textiles and some modern touches.
 
What do you all think? I shared the Painted Mirrored Hutch that I added to our room yesterday. What other elements do you see going in there?
 

5 comments:

  1. I just wanted to pop over and say hi. I love the bedroom pics. I think my favorite is the gallery wall around the bed. I am loving gallery walls more and more these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love that colorful rug in the one bedroom. They are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspiration photos! I'm in the same boat with my bedroom. Finally biting it off soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOODNESS! Let's just say that they all evoke such a feeling of richness and beauty! The layering of pieces and the details in accessories are outstanding! Pinning some of these! Hope you are having a good week lady!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure found some beauties here. I've pinned a bunch of them. Love the texture and simplicity of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.