Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Two-Toned Occasional Table

*I was compensated for this post with supplies, however all content, thoughts and opinions are my own.
This is totally and completely a piece of furniture that I want to keep for our own home. If, I had the room, but I am sadly maxed out. So, is the life of a furniture painter, right? This, is also why, I typically try to use accent colors that would never go in my home. No lie. It is seriously easy to get attached to certain pieces!
 



 
Anyway, I recently found this table and immediately fell in love with its unusual shape.  Plus, it is insanely heavy and sturdy.
 
 
 
After a good sanding and cleaning, I painted the entire upper portion of the table with General Finishes paint in Linen. This is a really pretty neutral; a bit deeper than Antique White, but a true, pretty cream.
 
 
 
Since I'm sucker for two-toned furniture, I left the legs unpainted and stained them with GF's Java Gel Stain.
 
 
 
The original hardware fit the piece so well, but was worn and a bit discolored, so I updated it with chalk paint. I love how it adds just a touch of color and personality to such a neutral piece.
 
 
 
All the painted sections got a good amount of distressing and I sealed the entire piece with wax.
 
 
 
And, this adorable table is currently for sale (while I ponder where it will go in my own home, of course).
 
Now, I am off to continue working on a stenciling project, that is seriously winning. I have met my match with this project. No kidding. But it is going to be amazing and I can't wait to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.