Friday, December 4, 2015

2015 Holiday House Walk

I'm so thrilled to be a part of the Holiday House Walk again this year! It has been an amazing week! I have thoroughly enjoyed ever single home, especially Susie Harris who you may all be stopping over from.


And, we would love to welcome you all to our new to us 100 year old Connecticut farmhouse!



We've only lived here for just about two months now and I've very slowly been making it our home.

To me, Christmas isn't about an abundance of gifts and decorations, but instead, a time to reflect on the past year and spend time with those you love most.



In our farmhouse kitchen, I've set up a hot chocolate bar, which my boys have been pining over.



I have two rules when it comes to hot chocolate: lots and lots of marshmallows and add in a candy cane for good measure!







The dining room was the first space I tackled and I painted it this deep moody teal. So out of character for me, but I adore it and how it plays with the popular reds of Christmas.



This is my actual childhood sled, believe it or not! I totally rocked it in the New England winters of the late 1970s and I love that it is getting center stage again this year as our dining room centerpiece.





All of these pine clippings are from our new property. We have several pine which makes decorating at this time of year just perfect.







Want to hear something else crazy? This is the first time I have actually embraced red for the holiday season. I'm usually the gold, cream, sparkly kind of girl, but this house just called for something different and it has been the most fun I have ever had when decorating for Christmas.



The tree is filled with fresh winterberry branches. It doesn't get much more rustic and farmhouse than this. I simply tucked them into the tree. 







The tree is so pretty during the day, but I just love the soft glow of the lights as evening sets in... (and that starts around 4pm here in Connecticut, sadly!)



Our coffee table is dressed simply for the holiday, bringing in both natural and holiday elements.



We drove forever to get these candy cane striped candles and I'm so glad we did. Our little candle mission turned into a mini road trip where we found ourselves in a quaint little New York state town. It was filled with antique stores and that's where I snagged this deer skull. Creepy to some, I know, but I'm drawn to them for some reason.




Thank you all so much for visiting our Christmas tour! I hope you will all come back regularly as I will be sharing all the details and projects as we continue to make this farmhouse ours!

If you would like to see more of the Holiday House Walk, you can start the tour here, and also follow us on Pinterest on our House Walk board and our Good Housekeeping board. Also, a special thank you to Joss and Main for sponsoring this fantastic series.

Merry Christmas!







1 comment:

  1. I think this is an informative post about Bramston Beach Holiday House and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.