Friday, December 2, 2016

Easy No Sew Boho Table Runner

This was originally a contributor post on Jennifer Rizzo Design Company.

If you've followed my blog for any length of time than you know that I love adding in unique elements to my décor.

Recently, I made this no sew boho table runner and it was so simple! And, really, the options are limitless depending on the fabric and trims that you choose.



Supplies: Medium weight fabric (note: my runner was 6 feet so I bought accordingly), fabric scissors, pencil, measuring tape, level, hot glue, and trimmings in the amount appropriate for your project.

First, cut the fabric to your desired size, mine was 6' long by 18" wide. I used the measuring tape to mark 18" every so often down the side of my fabric, connected the marks using the level and my pencil and cut out. Once you do that, wash, dry and iron your fabric. If there are any really long frayed ends just trim them.

Next, cut the trim to the appropriate length. Mine was 18".  I cut two pieces of each trim so that I could replicate the pattern on the opposite end of the runner.

Place your trim on the runner wherever you would like, making sure they are straight and spaced evenly. Then, adhere with the glue.



I put my finished runner on our coffee table because our dining room table is currently under construction (SO excited for that project!)

Since, the runner was too long for this table I folded it in the middle, which I think only adds to the bohemian vibe.



Also, I want to mention the trim that I picked out! They are all SO different. One is a nautical inspired rope, then there is faux fur and lastly some fringe, but what makes these very different things unified is that I picked items from the same color family. I'm going to be honest, I am completely crushing on the faux fur. It's the perfect accent for these chilly New England months.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.